Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Remembered Joy

Today we lost A's grandma, known to us as Apple. This was unexpected and a total shock. We love you Apple and miss you!  I'm so thankful to have known you. I always enjoyed your stories and your laugh. You will be missed! 





Remembered Joy

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all…
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss…
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life’s been full, I’ve savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one’s touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don’t shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. You guys are in my prayers.