Thursday, October 2, 2008

9.6.08 wedding

For the record I have been the worst blogger ever..that's going to change!

Anyway on to the important stuff..THE WEDDING!!! Everything went perfectly. Here is a recap.

I woke up around 7am. I stayed at my house and Andy did as well (blah to traditions). It was overcast outside-but hey I was fine as long as no rain! My mom and BM Mollie came over around 8. My mom stopped to get me a latte-my favorite, she is so sweet. We left my house around 9. I had one rose left from making the bouquets, I decided I would take that last rose to my Grandma & Grandpa Henke's grave. It killed me inside to not have my grandparents at my wedding-they did everything for me. It was a sweet moment and I am so happy I did that.

Around 10am we arrived at WPCG where the wedding was. We set up everything we needed to get done and started filling favor boxes. At 11am Heidi came to do our makeup. Mollie and Steph did every ones hair. I am so thankful to know these two girls! Some getting ready pics (non-pro)

Rachel ( the photographer) arrived at 2pm to shoot some photos.This time of the day flew by. I know Rachel took some great and I cannot wait to see them. Then the next thing I knew it was 5pm and still no cake! I think I was on such a "happy" high that I didn't even freak out, but about 15 minutes later we had a cake! It was then time to line up and get married..

I was not nervous until that moment. I was about to be married! This was it, after dating for 6 years and planning for 23 months the moment was here and I could not have been more excited. I had done so well the entire day with no tears. I walked halfway done the isle just fine, until everyone stood up and looked at me. It was so overwhelming that I let it all out. I couldn't stop the tears until I saw Andy.




The ceremony was everything I wanted it to be. My cousin did an Irish wedding blessing. We had beautiful violin musicians. The mom's walked down the isle to Coldplay's "In my place", the wedding party walked to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful tonight", I walked down to Canon D and the recessional music was Oasis "Wonderwall". I had to hold the tears in while saying the vowels. Even Andy had a tear in his eye so I know he was holding them back too. It was then time to partyyy!

Our entrance was a blast. Ok a quick background on the cowboy hats. We both are huge Kenny Chesney fans. We wear the hats to the concerts and we thought it would be cute. Once we walked in it was time for the first dance. We danced to Jack Johnson's "Angel". Then it was time for the parent dances. Then It was time for the cake cutting. I was looking forward to this!




Now I know some brides are anti cake-smashing. I really had a blast with this. Seriously, its the only time you will be able to do this and get away with it! We both were mild though, he might have got a little more icing on me than I did on him. This is the only cake we both got! All we heard (and are still hearing) is that our cake was delicious. Good thing we are getting one made on our one year!! Once I get the pro-pics back I will post those (which will be any day this week!!). To end this blog it is time to show how much fun everyone had with the cowboy hats! I didn't know so many people had them on till I saw pictures!

First Andy & I

Then Bobby & Cary


Then my brother David



Even my mom got in on the action



No comments: