Friday, July 31, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony

This week on Kelly's blog is showing your wedding party and flowers.
Andy & I got married on September 6, 2008. Our wedding and reception were held outside and we couldn't have been any luckier with the weather.  We both wanted an outdoor wedding and we found the most beautiful location. Our wedding was at 530 in the evening. We had two lovely violin players. The parents walked down to "In My Place " by Coldplay, the bridal party walked to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton, I walked down the  isle alone to Canon in D (the song still brings a tear to my eye!). Our ceremony was everything I wanted it to be. It was so hard to hold the tears back, but I think I did ok :) Once the ceremony was over everyone walked back down the isle to "Wonderwall" by Oasis. The music was so fun to pick out. Now on to the pictures!
Here are my flowers. My cousin and I did them. I ordered the roses and daisy's from an online flower wholesaler and the berries and hydrangeas were from my yard. I loved (and still do) how they turned out. I thought they were unique and different.
Off to the bridal party:
   L-R: Kristen is my cousin's wife, I feel like I have known her forever. Steph is a friend I met through my other friend Bobby (its his sister in law). We became really close when she and her husband lived with Bobby while house hunting. Next is my maid of honor Lauren. Lauren and I have been best friends for many many years. We went middle and high school together. We did not like each other for the first year or two then we became inseparable.  She has been dating my brother for the last 6 years (they can get married any day now please!), she also has a 7 year old son so I adore, Logan. Next is me. Then there is Heather. Heather and I met in college. We are both sign language interpreters. She moved to Nashville, TN after we graduated. It is wonderful to have a great friend in the same business so we can support each other and be mentors to each other. Last is my cousin Mollie. We grew up together and were super close. (She is a hair dresser- her looks change all the time, and had no idea what her hair would look like the day of but I love it!)
The guys:
L-R: Tony is Andy's cousin. Co-Best man David. David is my brother. I am so lucky to have my husband and my brother be so close. Andy. The other best man Bobby. Andy met Bobby through my brother. I have known him since I was a born (our grandparents were friends). Next is Andy's cousin Allen followed by Andy's brother Cody (who decided to buzz all his hair off the day before!)
Here is a fun picture of our wedding party

If you get married on a golf course you can't forget about a pic on a golf cart!
I'd say we were one good looking group!
Thanks for checking out my flowers and party! Next week is reception and honeymoon!

4 comments:

CMC said...

Your wedding was beautiful, I love the colors and your flowers :)

Heather said...

I can't believe you did your own flowers! They turned out so amazing and unique. I remember seeing your wedding pictures on theknot but had no clue you did those flowers :)

I keep wanting to do one of the "show us your life- wedding" posts but our anniversary is coming up and I think I'll do something similar then.

Beautiful pictures!

Allie said...

Thank you both!

Unknown said...

Where do I start? I love the suits and the color.
I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!