Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Planned.Partied.Done!

Over the past year I have become extremely close with one of A's cousins wives Amanda. We have always talked at family gatherings and we would even hang out on some weekends when the boys would get together, but lately we have been talking everyday. Amanda and her husband, Allen, have been trying to have a baby for a long time and last spring they told everyone they were pregnant with TWINS! I knew right away I wanted to throw her a shower. Then once I found out one was a boy and one was  girl I knew exactly what theme/colors I wanted to do! So this past weekend was the big day. I planned this shower for weeks and loved every moment of it. Anyway on to the good stuff right? I was a co-host with Kristen, another cousins wife! The party was at my home. The theme was zebras with pink and teal as the colors.


All the yummy food


My banner I made, it says babies


Kristen came up with the game pin the babies on Amanda. Everyone loved it!

The final result!


These are what I looked forward to making. The cupcakes and icing were made from scratch. I tried adding whipping cream to my buttercream frosting and it made it taste sooo much better!


How cute are these! Half pink, half blue! I wanted to make these ever since I found out a little boy, and a little girl were on their way!


Amanda got a ton of great gifts!

I really enjoy being a hostess and loved throwing a baby shower! I'm sad I didn't get a pic of us together =(. I can't wait till Feb (or Jan) when little Sam and Kate come into this world!

No comments: