Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Goals

I don't want to call them resolutions, my goals aren't to resolve any problems. I like to call them goals because they are things I want to achieve by the end of the year. I don't have too many, some are simple, and some are more complex. I am ready for the challenges that I am setting myself up for!

2010 Goals 

1. Meal planning
upgrade-your-meal-plan-a-menu
I was really good about this for a few months last year. I think once summer hit and I was off work I fell off the wagon. It made it so easy to shop for groceries knowing what I needed every week. I have a long list of recipes saved that I need to try. If you have any recipe suggestions feel free to comment :).

2. Getting Fit

I really enjoyed my workout classes 5 days a week in the summer. My gym didn't offer classes at night once fall came around, and I had no motivation to go workout. I just checked my gym's website and starting this month they will have 5 classes a week I can go to! I think this will be an easy goal to accomplish!

3. Learn to Sew

My wonderful in-laws got me a sewing machine for Christmas, which I asked for. I used a sewing machine years ago in jr high school, but haven't touched one since. I would love to make new pillow covers for the living room, and curtains for my craft room. Again any suggestions on this would gladly be accepted :)

4. Pay off School Loans

Really compared to other people my loans aren't that much. This is the only debt we have (besides our home), and it would be awesome to pay it off. I paid my car off in August and it felt great. Starting this month I plan on tripling my payments to get it paid off faster. Again, I think this will be an easy goal.

5. Read 50 books this year

If you asked me to read a book three years ago, I would have told you no thanks. Ever since I started as an interpreter in the school systems I realized I had a ton of free time. I started reading books of movies I had seen (The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, etc) and really fell in love with reading. I have my list on Good Reads. I have read 45 books since fall of '07. I know I could read a lot more than that, which is why I am setting myself up for 50 in 2010. I think its do-able. What's your number one book you would recommend?

6. Make a 101 Things in 1001 Days List

I always see everyone else make these and I think to myself how good you would feel once you finish off your list. I was thinking about making it now, but I have to think of 101 things! My goal is to have a finalized list by my birthday (May 6). I think that would be a good day to start something new!

I will have updates on all my goals as we go through this new decade together!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're welcome to come steal books off my shelf. That's like one book a week though. Good luck!! :)

Becky said...

Good luck!! That is amazing that you are going to try and read 50 books this year! Good for you! On my list for this year are The Help, The Wedding Girl, The Broker, Open (by Andre Agassi), American Wife, Water for Elephants, The Blind Side, The Book Thief, a bunch of biographies. It took me about three months to thing for things for my 101 list. I bet you will have no problem at all. I took a few from other people's lists and then I would recall times when I would tell myself "Oh, I wish we would do this..." and then I would write it on my list!

Unknown said...

I 'second' The Help. It was fantastic! I also suggest American Wife, The Shack, Sarah's Key and A Thousand Splendid Suns

BTW, you totally don't know me, i just came across your blog from the knot because we got married on the same day!

Allie said...

Thanks everyone for the book recs!
You picked a good day to get married Cindy ;)

Emily said...

Great Goals!

I just finished "Same Kind of Different as Me". It is SO good!

Angela said...

great goals. keeping fit and planning meals go hand in hand. : )