Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Delish Dish

It has been a long while since I have posted a recipe. Last week I got my new Real Simple magazine in the mail. While looking through it I saw a recipe that I thought I would try. I used it as inspiration and tweaked a few of the ingredients to make it my own. It was delish! I can't wait to cook it again. Here it is:


Linguine with chicken and asparagus
Serves 2

A couple handfuls of linguine (as much as you'll eat)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup blanched almonds (Real Simple's called for pine nuts)
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 lb asparagus (can be trimmed-I left mine full)
Salt
black pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan (shaved or grated)
4 chicken cutlets

Cook the pasta as it says on the box. Drain the pasta then put it back in the pot. While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in 2 pans on medium. One for the chicken and one for the other stuff. Cook the chicken until it reaches 165*/ white inside. In the other pan once the oil is hot add the almonds and garlic-cook, stirring frequently, until golden (1-2 minutes). Then, add the asparagus and cook, occasionally tossing, do this for about 2-4 minutes until its tender. 
Add the asparagus mixture into the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste (1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Toss to combine. Cut the chicken into chunks and add in as well.  
Serve the dish onto the plate and sprinkle with Parmesan. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Looks delish! I love asparagus!