Sunday, August 9, 2009

Show us your life.. Reception and Honeymoon

This week over at Kelly's blog it is time to show your wedding reception and honeymoon. Our reception was held at the same place as the wedding ceremony.
We walked in to "Save a horse ride a cowboy". We added the cowboy hats for an extra touch =)
Here are our table set up. I bought the carryout boxes from Craig's List and filled them with candy. The brown cards were for people to log onto an account and upload the photos they took(I recommend doing this!) We also had favors of golf tees with our names and wedding date. 
 
Every centerpiece had a different set of ribbons. I loved how they turned out.  
  
I LOVED our cake. I heard it was delicious too but we were so busy we didn't even get to enjoy it! I wanted a taller cake so the bottom layer was actually fake! 
 
Yes we were cake smashers! It was fun and the only time its ok to do this!  
  
My maid of honor Lauren had a great speech. We've been best friends for many years so some old stories came up. But they best speech went to one of the Best men, my brother David. He told stories of us growing up, stories of when he met Andy and how they used to compare cars but now its who has the best yard and who got the lower energy bill. My favorite part in the speech was when he told a story of when Andy and I dressed up in some of my old dance costumes (I was a dancer for 16 years so I had a ton!) and we went trick-or-treating at about 11pm on some random night. It showed how Andy & I love to play jokes and don't take life too seriously.  
  
I just wanted to share this one because it was one of my favorites. 
After the wedding we stayed at the airport hotel (romantic right) cause we had a early flight to catch the next day to St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. Our original flight go delayed so they switch our flight. As we were getting on the new flight we saw Vanilla Ice! It was too funny. On to the pictures! 
  
I love this one from our room. 
 
Our resort had different events every night. This one was what they called the carnival. In the USVI they make Cruzan Rum (YUM!) so they give away a TON of drinks free. I mean once the plane landed you walked by a booth that was giving out free shots of all the flavors! So everywhere we went I had to get a drink =) The rum punch was delicious, you would pick which flavor of rum (I recommend the pineapple) and they would top it off with Cruzan light and Cruzan dark .  
 
Over at Mountain Top is where you can see the whole island and take it in. My neighbor told me to try the banana daiquiri's when we went and boy and I glad he told us about these. They were very, very good.  
  
Here is the view of Magens Bay. It is one of the worlds best beaches.
 
Here I am at Magens Bay once again with a drink!  How cool is it that they had a waitress that would come to you to order drinks. I had to do it just because of that! 
 
This is over at St. John. This island is BEAUTIFUL! If you want to do some good snorkeling (and cheap!) go here! It was my first time snorkeling and I fell in love. It was so relaxing just being with the fish where it was quiet.
Looking at these photos makes me want to go back to the islands so bad. We plan on going back one day and I can not wait! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your suggestion of the photo sharing site.
The cowboy hats look great too.
My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
What a beautiful reception ~ the food, cakes, and decorations.
Your honeymoon looks like you had a fantastic time!
You both look so happy!

Lindsey said...

Your centerpieces were so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the cowboy hats! What a fun picture!