Saturday, November 20, 2010

7 days to be thankful:day 3 my family

 Who isn't thankful for family? I know I sure am! I have a mom who raised two kids (who are both equally awesome!) on her own. She did get some help from my grandparents, who I miss dearly everyday, but most of it was on her own. She raised me to be a strong, independent person. I am thankful for how she brought me up. I know how to stand on my own two feet thanks to her. I know I can always call her to go shopping, go out for salsa, chips, and margarita's, and can always call to go on walks on a nice evening.  




I am also thankful for the family I married into ( ^this is only a small part of that). I am thankful for where I went to high school and played soccer. I played with A's cousin and that's how we met.  I got my fun job while working in college (a high end jewelry store) thanks to A's aunt. I've been in the family for 8/9 years and it feels like I've been apart of the family forever. I am truly thankful for being welcomed. 

I am also thankful for my big brother. Growing up we were super close, grew apart once he hit high school, then after we became close again. I am thankful I can call my brother one of my best friends. It also is nice because my bff dates my brother. He makes me laugh and most of the time we are the only people that get each others humor. 

Lastly, I am thankful for my whole family. They know how to have a good time. Family is such an important part of life and I am thankful that I have such a great group of people I can call my family. 

No comments: