Monday, November 22, 2010

7 days to be thankful:day 5 our home

I am so very thankful for our house. I grew up in a tiny, tiny town and all I wanted to do was move out. So back in 2007 that is what I told A. We looked around at surrounding neighborhoods and couldn't find anything we were in love with. Then one day we passed this house and knew we had to check it out. The second we walked in I got that feeling. This was our home. It wasn't the typical house that this town has. Our house has so much charm. It was built in 1886! 
I am so thankful that we found this house. I am thankful I stayed in the same town I grew up. I am so close to my favorite mall, I can walk anywhere, and can get to any highway within 10 minutes. It really is a great place to be.  I am thankful this is our first place together.  We didn't have to get an apartment*, I was a homeowner when I was 21. It was such a great feeling. 

*nothing wrong with apartment living! It was just nice we didn't have to waste money on rent and that we had great parents who let us live at home to save money!

No comments: